Fruity Mona

Fruity Mona
Oranges Get Arty ♥

Welome Fellow Orange Lovers ♥

I believe that our wonderful bodies all have the capacity for great health and healing, no matter what stage of life we are at.
I, personally, believe that fresh, raw Orange Juice can aid our bodies when they are healing.
Wishing you much Health and Happiness ♥ ♥

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

♥ Day 68 Mono Orange Juice ♥


Day ♥ 68 ♥
Although, generally I believe that consuming a fruit in its whole unprocessed state is optimum, I do make an exception for Orange juice. This is the only fruit that I tend to juice, as opposed to consuming whole.
I accept that freshly squeezed Orange juice is processed to a degree, and that in doing so something is taken away from the whole fruit.
Having said that, this time on the Orange juice I have been more attracted to just cutting the Orange into four pieces and juicing in my mouth.
My electric Breville juicer, normally a vital part of my Orange Juice Diet, has not been used once. And because the Oranges are nice and ripe, it feels great to simply juice them in my mouth.

I would like to share an example of how although a substance may mimic another chemically, and may appear 'the same' on paper, there is a huge difference between a substance that occurs in natural raw food, and another that is laboratory made.
This fits in for me with the idea that we cannot really improve upon natural uncooked wholefood (which is wonderful and health-giving) when humans try to emulate its properties in the science lab.
This information is taken from http://www.whfoods.com/

"Consuming vitamin C supplements does not provide the same protective benefits as drinking a glass of orange juice, shows research by Italian researchers in the Division of Human Nutrition at the University of Milan, Italy (Guarnieri S, Riso P, et al., British Journal of Nutrition).
Seven healthy test subjects were given each of three drinks, two weeks apart: blood-orange juice containing 150 milligrams of vitamin C, fortified water containing 150 milligrams of vitamin C, and a sugar and water solution containing no vitamin C. Blood samples were collected immediately before the drink was consumed, then every hour for 8 hours, and finally 24 hours after consumption of each drink.
Blood samples were exposed to hydrogen peroxide, and free radical damage to DNA was evaluated at 3 and 24 hours. Only when orange juice was consumed was any protective effect seen. After drinking orange juice, DNA damage was 18% less after 3 hours, and 16% less after 24 hours. No protection against DNA damage was seen after consumption of the vitamin C fortified drink or the sugar drink. "


So, I believe, there is a world of difference in the effects of Vitamin C as contained in fresh Orange juice and Vitamin C that has been manufactured in a laboratory.
The best way, I feel, to get the nutrients and vitality we need, is from fresh raw ripe fruit (and veggies if desired).
Fresh fruit is imbued with life-force and energy and magic that simply cannot be manufactured in a factory.
It is in one way a simple way of eating, and yet in another contains so many wonderful energies that are so complex and developed that man cannot even begin to re-create them ♥


Fruity Fare ♥
Morning— 11 Organic Valencias, juiced in my mouth.
Midday— 10 Organic Valencias, juiced in my mouth.


Fruitful Exercise ♥
40 minutes fast walking
10 minutes leg exercises.

Have Happy and Wholesome Days ♥
Love and Peaches XX.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Hi,
I like your blog. It's very interesting and special, which make me remember a movie named "Julie & Julia".Keep on your interest, and enjoy your life!

Anne said...

Dear Nikki ♥
Thank you very much for your kind comment♥
Enjoy your life and its adventures too.
Wishing you a very Happy and Fruitful Day.
Love and Peaches XX

Fruity Jules said...

Dear Anne. . .

I love all of the posters and art that you find and share, but I especially LOVE this one. ♥ And your last sentence is perfection! That says it all! I'm going to write that down for myself.

Your orange bliss is AMAZING. Wonder how long you will go. I keep remembering that young girl, the patient of Dr. Wilcox, who went 6 months. She said she never tired of the oranges. Really, I understand. ♥

Love to you,
Julie ♥

Anne said...

Dear Julie ♥
Thank you for your comment♥.
When I finish the Orange diet, it will certainly not be because I tire of them. I am still excited by Oranges each day.
I think it will be more about weight loss, and at the moment not wanting to go below a certain weight.
I could imagine having Oranges for six months and still loving them every day ♥
Have a Beautiful Day ♥
Love and Peaches XX

Adam said...

Hey Anne,

Love following your blog. I noticed that you said you don't want to go below a certain weight, and that will be your primary motivation for stopping. I remember a couple of weeks ago you had your body fat% measured and it was down to 5%, have you measured it since?

Take care

Adam x

Anne said...

Dear Adam ♥
Thank you for your comment and for visiting ♥
I have measured my body fat percentage a few times since, and it seems to fluctuate between 5% and 7.5%.
It has not gone below 5%.
And I still have my monthly cycle despite the lower body fat.

I feel a need to be be mindful of not going into a place where I am using up muscle mass.
I still have lots of energy, and I feel too, that I need to be mindful of my energy levels.
At the moment, it would be the weight or muscle loss or a lack of energy that would be the factor in me finishing the mono diet, as I am still loving and desiring Orange juice.

Have a Wonderful Day ♥
Love and Peaches XX.